If you suffer from a debilitating respiratory illness or disease, you can benefit from pulmonary rehabilitation services provided by a pulmonologist. Dr. Len Horovitz at Carnegie Medical in New York, NY, provides a wide range of medical and pulmonary services, including pulmonary rehabilitation.
What You Need To Know About Pulmonary Rehabilitation and How It Can Help You
A pulmonologist may recommend pulmonary rehabilitation services if you suffer from:
- Cystic fibrosis
These conditions can make breathing difficult, and when you have respiratory issues it can lead to inactivity, weight gain, depression, anxiety, and other issues. Pulmonary rehabilitation can improve your respiratory health and help you breathe better. Consider that pulmonary rehabilitation can help to:
- Manage your symptoms to enhance breathing
- Prevent complications due to respiratory illness
- Manage your need for supplemental oxygen
- Control your need for additional medications
- Reduce the incidence of hospitalizations
Pulmonary rehabilitation can involve several different treatment methods, including:
- Supervised exercises to enhance lung function and breathing
- Breathing techniques to help slow down your breathing and make breathing more effective
- Nutritional and lifestyle counseling to enhance wellness and promote healthy habits
Education is a vital treatment tool in pulmonary rehabilitation. Your provider will teach you about your respiratory illness and what to expect, how to reduce and manage symptoms, the medications you need, and your need for supplemental oxygen.
When you enter a pulmonary rehabilitation program, you will meet others like you who are having respiratory issues. The group atmosphere can provide the emotional support you need to cope with your illness. The sense of belonging can empower you to improve your respiratory health, so you can enjoy your life.
Want To Know More About Pulmonary Rehabilitation and How It Can Improve Respiratory Health?
To find out more about the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Len Horovitz at Carnegie Medical in New York, NY. You can reach him in the office by calling (212) 744-3001, so call today.